Friday, June 29, 2012

Wedding Songs

I have had soo many people ask me about wedding songs in the past years.  I figured I should just put it in here as well.  Years ago I was helping a friend of mine search for wedding songs.  I went through tons of sites until I said "okay, that's enough!"  You can see I haven't added a lot of recent songs, but I guess I will go back and edit it again with some new ones eventually.  Here is what I found on a bunch of sites and on my own personal playlist.  All on one site just for you!





1-Eternity-dreams come true
2-Amazed-lonestar
3-I love you-Donna Lewis
4-Always and forever-heatwave
5-Aint that a kick in the head-dean Martin
6-After all-cher and peter cetera
7-I'll be-Edwin McCain
8-All my life-k-ci and Jo Jo
9-Faithfully-journey
10-I hope you dance-lee ann womack
11-The way you look tonight-frank Sinatra
12-From this moment on-shania twain
13-A moment like this-Kelly clarkston
14-Crush-Dave Matthews band
15-I do (cherish you)-98 degrees
16-Because you loved me-celeine Dion
17-At last-etta James
18-1 2 3 4-plain white t’s
19-Endless love-Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross
20-At the beginning-Richard Marx and Donna Lewis
21-Truly, madly, deeply-savage garden
22-I'll be there for you-bon jovi
23-I could fall in love-selena
24-Love will keep us alive-eagles
25-Crazy for you-madonna
26-Everything I do, I do it for you
27-Have I told you lately that I love you?
28-Up where we belong-Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
29-100 years to live-five for fighting
30-I wanna be there-blessid union of souls
31-Nothing’s gonna stop us now-jefferson starship
32-Let my love open the door (to your heart)-pete townsend
33-Let’s stay together-al green
34-We belong-pat benatar
35-Heroes- the wallflowers
36-Tiny dancer-elton john
37-You are the sun, you are the rain-commodores (lionel Ritchie)
38-nothing else matters-metallica
39-And of course me and brians song:can't take my eyes off of you-Frankie valli

To dance:
(I will not say electric slide, cotton eye joe, marcarena or that overplayed stuff that people don't know dance moves to)
40-I had the time of my life-dirty dancing st
41-You shook me all night long-AC/DC
42-Sold (the grundy county fair)-john Michael montgomery
43-Any way you want it, and, don't stop believing-journey
44-Get down tonight-kc and then sunshine band
45-Finally-cece penistion
46-Rhythm of the night-debarge (or any of the other remakes)
47-Celebration-kool and the gang
48-The power of love-huey lewis and the news
49-Love shack-b52s
50-Sweet Caroline-neil diamond
51-Life is a highway-rascal flatts
52-Zoot suit riot-cherry poppin daddies
53-Get the party started-pink
54-Take on me-ah ha
55-Thriller-Michael Jackson
56-Hot in here-nelly
57-Hot-avril lavigne
58-The twist-chubby checker
59-Let's go crazy-prince
60-White wedding-billy idol
61-Funky cold Medina-tone loc
62-You sexy thing-got chocolate
63-Super freak-Rick James
64-I can't help myself-four tops
65-Copacabana-Barry manilow
66-Dance dance-fallout boy
67-Walk this way-aerosmith
68-Grease remix
69-Jump around-house of pain
70-Accidently in love-counting crows
71-december 1963-frankie valli and the 4 seasons
72-Hells bells-ac/dc
73-Could not ask for more- Edwin McCain

Cute father/daughter dance:
74-Sweet child o mine-g&r
75-Don't wanna miss a thing-aerosmith
76-Daddys Girl- Red Sovine



Mother/son dance:
77-Through the years- Kenny Rogers

And if they wanna be cute:
78-I want to grow old with you from the wedding singer
79-Come what may from moulin rouge

Garter/Flower toss:
80-Another one bites the dust- Queen



of course there are a ton more songs to add just for fun, but these are the "typically heard at weddings" songs.  (or typically heard on jenni's playlist songs)



And it looks like I wrote this up in 2009...  so feel free to add anything up to date that you want!  :-)


Like Marry Me-Train and things like that.  And I just realized that another Savage Garden song isn't on there that a lot of people loved...  I knew I loved you before I met you.
Hmmm..  I can't help falling in love with you by Elvis OR UB40 isn't here either.  Or at least I can't find it.  I just might have to update this thing afterall....

No comments:

Post a Comment